Maybe someone in your family shared your Netflix account information with someone you don’t want to use it. Maybe you logged in with your Netflix account on someone else’s device, and they’re using your account without your permission. Or, maybe you’ve noticed some suspicious Netflix account activity or something suspicious in your Netflix viewing history. Regardless of how it happened, other people using your Netflix account can result in you not being able to watch shows on your own account. If you find yourself in this situation, one thing you can do is change your account password and sign out of Netflix on all devices, forcing anyone using your Netflix account without your permission to have to enter the new password. Check out my video linked here if you need to change your Netflix password. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Sign Out of Netflix on All Devices
- Open a web browser, navigate to Netflix.com, and then log in to your account if prompted. You’ll arrive at your Netflix home screen.
- Click your Netflix profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu appears. Click “Account” in the drop-down menu. The Account window appears.
- Scroll down to the Settings section, and then click “Sign Out of All Devices” in the list of options. A Sign Out of All Devices window appears.
- Click “Sign Out.” You’ll be returned to the Account window, where you’ll now see a message at the top of the window that says you’ve been signed out of Netflix on all devices. It may take up to eight hours for you to be signed out of Netflix on all associated devices. After you’re signed out on a particular device, you’ll be prompted to re-enter your account password the next time you try to access Netflix. If you forget your password, check out my article that shows you how to reset a forgotten Netflix password.
Reasons Why Someone Would Want to Sign Out of Netflix on All of Their Devices
There are a lot of good reasons why someone may want to sign out of Netflix on all of their devices:
- Security: The most obvious reason is to kick someone off of your Netflix account who is using your account without your permission.
- Proactive Security: You may just want to sign out of your Netflix account on all of your devices even if you aren’t certain someone else is using your account and are just suspicious.
- Fixing Problems: Signing out of all of your Netflix devices can also be a good troubleshooting step if you’re having issues with your account. Common problems this can help resolve is error messages and slow video streams.