By default, when you share your iPhone photos with other people, those photos have metadata that travels with them. That metadata includes information around the model of the iPhone you used to take the photo, the date and time the photo was taken, the photo resolution, your camera’s settings, and the location where your photo was taken. If you don’t want the people you share your iPhone photos with to be able to see the location information for the photos you’re sharing, you can turn off location information sharing. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Share iPhone Photos Without Location Information
- Tap to launch the “Photos” app on your iPhone, and then tap “Photos” in the row of options along the bottom of your screen. Your recent photos will be displayed.
- Tap “Select” in the upper right corner of the Photos screen to make it so you can select either one or multiple photos you want to share with someone else. The Select button will now change to say Cancel.
- Tap to select the photos on your iPhone you want to share without location information. You’ll see a small blue circle with a white check mark appear in the lower right corner of those photos.
- Tap the “Send To” icon in the lower left corner of the screen. A screen appears showing you what photos you’ve selected to send. Tap “Next” in the upper right corner of the screen. The Send To screen appears.
- Tap “Options” that appears beneath the number of photos you selected to send in the upper left corner of the screen. The Options screen appears.
- Scroll down the Options screen to the Include section, and then tap the toggle to the right of Location to turn it off. If you don’t see Location in the Include section, then none of the iPhone photos you’re sending have any location information associated with them.
- Tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the Options window. You’ll be returned to the screen showing you the photos you chose to send. Tap “Next” in the upper right corner of this screen again. The Send To screen appears again, except this time you’ll see No Location in the upper right corner of the screen underneath the number of photos you’re sending. Now, when you move forward with sharing your iPhone photos using any of the methods on this screen, none of the location information associated with that iPhone photo will be sent.