Maybe you made an impulse purchase of a skin, emote or some other item on Fortnite, only to have buyer’s remorse a few days later. Or maybe you purchased something on accident or without a parent’s permission. Or maybe you bought something on Fortnite, but it ended up being not quite what you expected. Whatever the reason, Epic Games does make it possible to return up to three items a year and get a refund in the form of V-Bucks. The only caveat is that you can only return an item you’ve purchased with V-Bucks in the last 30 days. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Return Fortnite Items and Get a Refund
- Navigate to the Fortnite home screen, and then press the button on your controller or keyboard to access the Fortnite menu screen. You can access this menu on a PC or Mac by pressing the “Escape” key, on an Xbox by pressing the “Menu” button, on a PlayStation by pressing the “Options” button, or on a Nintendo Switch by pressing the “+” button. The menu is displayed.
- Choose “Settings” in this menu. The Settings screen is shown.
- Highlight the icon that looks like a silhouette of a person in the menu across the top of the screen. The Account and Privacy screen is displayed.
- Navigate to the Account section, and then click “Submit a Request” next to Return Requests. The Fortnite Return Request screen is shown, defaulting to the Item Selection window. The Item Selection window shows you all of your Fortnite purchases over the last 30 days that are eligible for a refund. Additionally, you can also see how many return requests you have available on the right side of this screen.
- Scroll through the Item Selection window until you find the item you want to return and get a refund for, and then click to select that item. You’ll advance to the Reason screen.
- Choose your reason for wanting to return this specific Fortnite item and get a refund from Epic Games. In this example I’ll choose “Item Not As Expected.” You’ll advance to the Submit Request screen, which will display a warning message letting you know how many total return requests you have remaining.
- Click “Submit Return Request.” The next screen asks if you’re really sure you want to use a return request.
- Choose “Yes, I want to use a return request” to proceed. A Submitting Request message will be displayed briefly before a message is shown letting you know that your return request was approved. You’ll be told what item you returned, and also how many V-Bucks were credited back to your Fortnite account. You can see your adjusted V-Bucks total at the top of the screen, and you can also see how many return requests you have remaining.
Five Reasons You May Need to Return Items in Fortnite and Get a Refund
Double purchases happen often in the world of gaming. Fortnite players may accidentally buy the same item twice, wasting their hard-earned V-Bucks. In these cases, players can return the duplicated item and receive a refund. The process is simple and straightforward, and players can get their V-Bucks back in no time. It’s important to double-check your purchases before confirming them to avoid this situation.
Technical issues can arise at any time and make an item unusable. If a player encounters a bug or technical issue with an item they bought in Fortnite, they can return it for a refund. The support team is always ready to assist and help players resolve these issues. They can quickly process the return and refund the V-Bucks spent on the problematic item.
Change of Mind
Sometimes, after buying an item, players may change their minds. Fortnite allows players to return items they no longer want and receive a refund. This feature offers players the flexibility to try out new items without any risk. If they find that they don’t like the item, they can return it and use the V-Bucks for something else.
No one likes buying a product only to find out it doesn’t meet their expectations. If a player is unhappy with the quality or performance of an item they bought in Fortnite, they can return it for a refund. The support team will assess the situation and, if applicable, process the return and refund the V-Bucks spent on the item.
Incompatibility issues can be frustrating for players. If an item is not compatible with a player’s gaming platform or device, they can return it for a refund. The process is straightforward, and the support team is always ready to assist and help players resolve these issues. They can quickly process the return and refund the V-Bucks spent on the incompatible item.