It’s a scary situation to be faced with a prompt to enter your PayPal password after not having to do that for a long time, and not being able to remember what it is. Thankfully, PayPal makes it easy to reset your password. The only caveat is that you will be prompted to verify your identity, and whether you’re using the PayPal mobile app for your iPhone, iPad or Android device, or the PayPal website, you’ll have to go through a web browser to reset your password.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Reset Forgot PayPal Password
- Open a web browser, navigate to the PayPal website, and then click “Log In.” You’ll land on the PayPal sign in screen.
- Click “Forgot Password.” The PayPal Need Help With Your Password screen is displayed.
- Enter the email address associated with your PayPal account, and then click “Next.” The Quick Security Check screen is shown.
- Choose a method to verify your identify. You can choose to receive a text message, get an email, answer your security questions, or confirm your credit card number. In this example, I’ll choose to get a text message at the phone number associated with my PayPal account. Click “Next” after choosing your verification method. In this example I’ll see a screen prompting me to enter the security code I received.
- Enter the requested information, and then click “Continue.” You’ll be taken to the Create a Password screen.
- Enter what you want to be your new PayPal password in the two fields on this screen. Additionally, if you’re worried someone has hacked into your PayPal account, this is also where you can check a box to log out of PayPal on all devices. Click “Save” after entering all of the requested information. You’ll be routed to your PayPal login screen, where you can use your new password to sign in to your PayPal account.
Reasons You May Need to Reset Your PayPal Password
1. Regain Access to a Locked Account
If you repeatedly enter the wrong password, PayPal may lock your account for security reasons. To regain access, you must reset your password. This will help keep your account and financial information safe. With a new password, you can easily log in to your account and get back to using PayPal.
2. Protect Account Security
A strong password is your first line of defense against unauthorized access to your PayPal account. If you suspect that someone has obtained your password, resetting it immediately will help protect your account and financial information. By resetting your password, you’ll be able to secure your account and keep your transactions safe.
3. Resolve Login Issues
If you’re having trouble logging in to your PayPal account, resetting your password may be the solution. This will help you regain access to your account and continue using PayPal with ease. You’ll be able to easily log in to your account and complete your transactions without any interruptions.