While Gmail’s spam filter is pretty solid, it occasionally takes emails you want to get, and maybe even need to get, and routes those straight to the junk folder. Thankfully, Google makes it easy to guarantee that email from specific senders gets routed to your inbox by letting you whitelist email addresses you trust, effectively indicating that you trust those senders and want to get their messages.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Whitelist Email Address in Gmail
- Open a web browser, navigate to www.Gmail.com, and then sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click the “Settings” icon in the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click “See All Settings” in this menu.
- Choose “Filters and Block Addresses” in the menu along the top of this screen. Options associated with this section are displayed.
- Click “Create a New Filter.” A window pops up where you can build your new Gmail filter.
- Enter the email address you want to whitelist in the “From” field, and then click “Create Filter.” The next window will ask what you want to happen when an email from that specific sender comes through.
- Click to place a check mark next to “Never Send It To Spam,” and then click “Create Filter.” You’ll be taken back to the Filters and Blocked Addresses section, where you’ll now see your newly created filter displayed that will ensure emails from your specified email address will always get routed to your Gmail inbox.
Reasons to Whitelist an Email Address in Gmail
There are a few good reasons to whitelist an email address in Gmail:
- Avoid Missing Important Emails: No one wants to miss an important email, but it can happen when emails are mistakenly marked as spam. By whitelisting an email address in Gmail, you’ll eliminate the risk of missing important messages. Emails from your whitelisted addresses will always be delivered directly to your inbox, so you won’t have to worry about checking your spam folder for important messages. This will give you peace of mind and help you stay on top of your inbox.
- Prioritize Important Emails: Whitelisting an email address in Gmail can help you prioritize important emails. By designating certain addresses as “safe,” you ensure that emails from those addresses will always appear at the top of your inbox, giving you quick access to the messages that matter most. This makes it easy to stay on top of your to-do list and be more productive. Plus, with important emails always at the forefront, you’ll be able to respond quickly and efficiently.