Apple’s iPhone and iPad devices are great for capturing pictures and videos from your everyday life. However, over time, you’ll need to move those photos off of your device so they don’t eat up all of your storage. Thankfully, if you’ve got a Windows computer, moving your photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your computer is easy.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Import Photos and Videos from iPhone or iPad to Windows Computer
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Windows computer, and then launch File Explorer.
- Click “This PC” in the menu on the left side of the screen. Options associated with your computer are shown on the right side of the screen.
- Find the Devices and Drives section, and then right-click the name of your Apple iPhone or iPad to open a context menu.
- Click “Import Pictures and Videos” in the context menu. A window pops up letting you know that your Windows computer is looking for pictures and videos on your iPhone or iPad. After this check is done, another window opens letting you know how many pictures and videos were found on your Apple device.
- Click “More Options.” Review where your images and videos will be imported, the folder name, what file name will be used, and more.
- Change any of these options you feel need to be changed, and then click “OK.” You’ll be routed back to the Import Pictures and Videos screen.
- In this example I’ll choose “Import All New Items Now” and will then click “Import.” You’ll see a progress bar displayed showing the status of your pictures and videos being imported from your iPhone or iPad to your Windows computer. This window will close after your pictures and videos are imported, and you can find them in the folder you chose to copy them to.
Reasons to Import Your Photos and Videos from Apple iPhone or iPad to Windows Computer
1. Create Backups
Backing up your photos and videos is crucial for protecting your precious memories. Importing your media files from your iPhone or iPad to your Windows computer creates a duplicate copy of your photos and videos that you can access at any time. With a backup, you’ll never have to worry about losing your photos or videos due to a damaged, lost, or stolen device. Ensure the safety of your memories by backing up your photos and videos today.
2. Free Up Storage Space
As you take more and more photos and videos, the amount of storage space on your iPhone or iPad can quickly fill up. Importing your media files to your Windows computer can free up valuable space on your mobile device, allowing you to continue taking photos and videos without worrying about running out of space. By transferring your photos and videos to your Windows computer, you can also easily sort and organize your media files, making it easier to find what you’re looking for.
3. Easy Access
Having easy access to your photos and videos is essential, especially if you want to show them to friends, family, or colleagues. By importing your photos and videos to your Windows computer, you can view, share, and present them with ease. Whether you’re working on a presentation or just want to show your latest vacation photos, importing your media files to your Windows computer provides quick and convenient access to your photos and videos.
If you’re looking to enhance your photos or videos, a Windows computer provides more advanced editing tools and software than an iPhone or iPad. With a wider range of editing options, you can create high-quality, professional-looking media files that you can be proud to share with others. Whether you’re looking to adjust the brightness, color, or saturation of your photos or add special effects to your videos, a Windows computer provides the tools you need to make your media files stand out.