Maybe you no longer use the email address currently associated with your Twitter account. Or maybe you use your Twitter account for business and you want to have a more professional email account associated with it. No matter the reason it’s fairly easy to change the email address associated with your Twitter account. In this video I’ll show you how to do that using both the Twitter app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, and also the Twitter.com website.
Steps to Change Twitter Email Address on iPhone, iPad or Android
- Launch the Twitter app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Tap the “Menu” icon at the top of the screen to open a menu, and then tap “Settings and Privacy.”
- Tap “Account” in this menu.
- Tap “Email.”
- Enter your account password on this screen, and then tap “Next.”
- Enter what you want the new email address associated with your Twitter account to be, and then tap “Next.” A screen is shown letting you know that Twitter sent a code to your new email address to verify your account.
- Open the email from Twitter in your email account to retrieve the code, enter the code on this screen, and then tap “Verify.” You’ll return to the Account screen where you’ll see your new email address displayed in the Email field.
Steps to Change Twitter Email Address on Twitter.com
- Open a web browser, navigate to Twitter.com, and then log in to your account.
- Click “More” in the menu on the left side of the screen, and then click “Settings and Privacy” in the new menu that gets displayed.
- Click “Your Account” in the Settings menu, and then click “Account Information” in the Your Account menu displayed on the right side of the screen. You’ll see a prompt to confirm your Twitter password.
- Enter your Twitter password, and then click “Confirm.”
- Click “Email” in this menu.
- Click “Update Email Address.”
- Verify your Twitter password.
- Enter the email address you want to be associated with your Twitter account, and then click “Enter.” The next screen will prompt you to enter the verification code that was sent to your new email address.
- Retrieve the verification code from your email, enter the verification code in this field, and then click “Verify.” You’ll return to the Change Email menu, where you’ll now see your new email address shown in the Current email field.