Maybe you’ve got someone you want to give your wifi password to, but you can’t remember it. Or, maybe you’re connected to wifi somewhere else and you want that password for next time. No matter the reason Apple makes it easy to see your wifi password on your iPhone or iPad. The only required condition is that you must have iOS 16 or later installed on your iPhone, or iPadOS 16 or later installed on your iPad.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Show WiFi Password on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap “Wi-Fi” in the list of options.
- Find the Wi-Fi section, and then locate the wireless network you’re currently connected to and the My Networks section, which shows other wifi networks nearby that you’ve connected to previously. Find the wifi network you want to see the password for and then tap the “i” icon next to that wireless network. The information screen for that wifi network is displayed.
- Locate the Password field, and then tap the existing dots that represent your password.
You’ll be prompted to enter your iPhone or iPad password, passcode or Face ID. After successfully entering this information, the password for that wireless network will be shown. If you want to copy the password so you can easily share it with someone else, you can tap the wifi password to bring up a menu, and then tap “Copy.”
Reasons You May Want to View Your Wireless Password on Your iPhone or iPad
There are a few good reasons you may want to see your wifi password on your Apple iPhone or iPad:
- Connecting Other Devices: If you want to connect another device, such as a laptop or tablet, to your Wi-Fi network, you’ll need to know your password. Viewing your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone or iPad can help you quickly connect other devices.
- Troubleshooting Connection Issues: If you’re having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi network, viewing your password can help you diagnose the problem. This can be especially helpful if you’ve entered the wrong password by accident.
- Sharing Your Network: If you want to share your Wi-Fi network with guests, friends, or family, you’ll need to provide them with your password. Viewing your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone or iPad makes it easy to share your network.
- Updating Your Router: If you need to update your router, you’ll need to know your Wi-Fi password. Viewing your password on your iPhone or iPad can make this process smoother.
- Moving to a New Location: If you’re moving to a new location, you’ll need to set up a new Wi-Fi network. Viewing your password on your iPhone or iPad can help you transfer your network to your new location.