The PS4 Second Screen app puts access to a lot of your PlayStation 4’s controls and features at your fingertips. You can turn your PS4 on and off, use it as a keyboard, use it as a controller to navigate your device’s home screen, access and send chat messages, and more. Setting up the PS4 Second Screen app only takes a few minutes.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Set Up The PS4 Second Screen App
- Download and install the PlayStation 4 Second Screen app from the App Store on either your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Launch the PlayStation 4 Second Screen app, and then tap “Sign in to PSN.” Enter the username and password associated with your PlayStation Network account on the next screen, and then tap “Sign In.” You’ll land on a screen that shows you any PlayStation devices connected to the same wireless network as your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 console and then click “Settings” on your PS4 home screen. The Settings screen appears.
- Choose “Mobile App Connection Settings.” The Mobile App Connection Settings screen is displayed.
- Choose “Add Device.” An Add Device screen is displayed with a number on it. Additionally, you’ll see a Remaining Time countdown timer, which will tell you how long the number is good for.
- Now go back to the PlayStation 4 Second Screen app, and tap the PlayStation 4 you want to connect to. A screen appears with a prompt to enter the number displayed on your PS4 screen. Enter the number in the app. You’ll now see your device added to the Add Devices section on your PS4 console.
Now, when you access your PS4 console through the PlayStation 4 Second Screen app, you can use the app to navigate your PS4 home screen, enter text on your PS4 console, access a second screen for any games that have that feature to see things like maps and radar, see chat messages, and more.