The volume of Netflix content is overwhelming. With the new Downloads for You feature available in the Netflix app for mobile devices, Netflix is looking to help you out, leveraging its knowledge of previous content you’ve watched to guess what you may want to watch next. When you turn on the Downloads for You, new content Netflix thinks you’ll like is automatically downloaded to your device. Again, this feature is only available in the Netflix app for mobile devices, such as your iPhone, iPad or Android device, and not on other platforms, like Roku, Xbox or Apple TV.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Use Netflix Downloads for You
- Launch the Netflix app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Tap your Netflix profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap “App Settings” on this screen.
- Navigate to the Downloads section, and then tap “Smart Downloads.”
- Tap to turn on the toggle next to “Downloads for You.” A section appears beneath that option where you’ll be prompted to choose how much space on your device you want to be allocated to smart download content that Netflix will automatically download for you.
- Use the plus or minus icons next to each user to specify how much space on this device you want to allocate for Netflix to download content for that user. After a few hours you can tap the “Downloads” icon in the Netflix app on this device and you’ll see Netflix content automatically downloaded for you based on your preferences.