If you enabled two-factor authentication on your Facebook account, you can choose to use the Facebook code generator as a secure method to verify your identify when either you or someone else tries to login to your Facebook account on an unknown web browser or device. The Facebook code generator can be accessed through the Facebook app.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Use Facebook Code Generator for iPhone, iPad or Android
- After logging into Facebook on a new web browser or device, you’ll land on a page asking you to verify your account. Click “Continue” on that page. A screen is displayed that says two-factor authentication is required, with a prompt to enter the 6-digit code from your code generator.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Facebook home screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon in the lower right corner of the screen. The Menu screen appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen, and then tap “Settings and Privacy” to expand those options. Tap “Code Generator” in that list. A screen appears displaying a 6-digit number, which will be changed every 30 seconds. Write down or copy this 6-digit number.
- Navigate back to the new web browser or device you’re using to access Facebook, and then enter the 6-digit number from the Facebook code generator in the Login Code field. Click “Continue.” A Remember Browser screen appears.
- Choose to either save or not save this browser or app so you won’t have to enter a code going forward, and then click “Continue.” You’ll be routed to your Facebook home screen.