Apple removed the ability to display the percentage of iPhone battery remaining with the release of the iPhone X. However, with the rollout of iOS 16 for iPhone, the ability to show your remaining battery percentage is back. The only caveat is that you must be running iOS 16 or later on your iPhone (see list of supported devices below).
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Turn On Battery Percentage on iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down this menu, and then tap “Battery.
- Tap the “Battery Percentage” toggle to turn it on. Going forward the battery icon in the upper-right corner of the screen will display a number in it, which displays the percentage of your iPhone’s battery that’s remaining.
Reasons Someone Would Want to See the Battery Percentage on iPhone
There are a lot of good reasons someone may want to see the battery percentage on their Apple iPhone:
- Improved Battery Management: Viewing the iPhone battery percentage lets users monitor their device’s battery life more closely and make informed decisions on how they use their device. This can help conserve battery life and avoid unexpected shutdowns.
- Avoid Unexpected Shutdowns: Knowing the battery level can prevent surprise shutdowns, especially during critical moments when the device is needed. Users can ensure they don’t lose important data or miss important calls or messages.
- Increased Efficiency: By understanding the battery level, users can maximize the efficiency of their device and stay connected and productive for longer periods of time.
- Better Travel Preparation: Travelers can benefit from knowing their iPhone battery level to prepare and ensure their device is charged and ready when they need it.
- Improved Device Utilization: The battery percentage display can help users understand how different activities affect their battery life, improving overall utilization of their device.
- More Control Over Device Usage: Monitoring the battery percentage gives users greater control over their device usage, allowing them to make informed decisions about which apps or activities to use based on the battery level.
What iPhone Models Support iOS 16?
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X
Why Can’t I See the Battery Percentage on My iPhone Mini?
Even if you’re running iOS 16 the battery percentage won’t be displayed on your iPhone Mini. This is most likely because of screen real estate, and there simply not being enough space to display the battery percentage comfortably.