Twitch email notifications can get overwhelming in a hurry. By default all Twitch email notifications for your account are enabled, and you’ll get emails from Twitch every time a channel you follow goes live, when an event is about to start, when someone mentions you in a Twitch room, and a lot more. Thankfully, Twitch makes it easy to turn off email notifications either entirely, or to pick the individual email notifications you want to turn off.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Turn Off Twitch Email Notifications in Twitch Mobile App
- Launch the Twitch mobile app and then tap your profile icon on the home screen.
- Tap “Account Settings” in the list of options on this screen.
- Tap “Notifications” in this menu. The Notifications screen is displayed where you’ll see a list of options where you can manage how you receive notifications.
- Tap “By Email” to expand it, and then scroll through this list to review options associated with your Twitch email notifications. You can toggle off all of the notification options if you want to turn off Twitch notifications entirely, or you can toggle off the options associated with individual Twitch notifications you no longer want to receive. You’ll automatically stop receiving any Twitch notifications you choose not to receive.
Steps to Turn Off Twitch Email Notifications Using Twitch Website
- Open a web browser, navigate to the Twitch website, and then click your profile icon on the home screen to open a menu.
- Click “Settings” in this menu.
- Click “Notifications” in the menu on the Settings screen.
- Scroll down this menu and then click to expand “By Email.” You’ll see a list of all of the options associated with managing the Twitch notifications you receive via email.
- Click to turn off the toggle next to “All Emails” to turn off all Twitch email notifications, or you can toggle off the options associated with individual Twitch notifications you no longer want to receive. You’ll automatically stop receiving any Twitch notifications you choose not to receive.
Reasons People Find Twitch Email Notifications Annoying
There are a few good reasons people are annoyed by Twitch email notifications:
- Overwhelming Volume: Twitch email notifications can pile up fast, making it challenging for users to stay organized and focused on their work. Additionally, the constant influx of emails can also be distracting.
- Inflexible Settings: Many users find the lack of customization options for email notifications to be a significant source of frustration. They would like more control over which notifications they receive, or to be able to adjust the frequency of notifications.
- Unwanted Information: A significant problem with Twitch email notifications is the frequent delivery of information that’s not relevant to the user. This can lead to notifications for streams or channels the user has no interest in.
- Spam-like Characteristics: With their high frequency and repetitive nature, Twitch email notifications can start to feel like spam. This makes users more likely to ignore or delete them without even reading them.
- Productivity Interruptions: Email notifications from Twitch can make it challenging to stay focused and productive. The constant stream of notifications can be distracting and interfere with the ability to concentrate. This inability to concentrate can lead to decreased efficiency and increased frustration.