Facebook Live is a great way for people and businesses to communicate in real time with friends and followers. By default, you’ll get a notification through the Facebook mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices whenever someone your either friends with or follow goes live. If you’re tired of getting the extra notifications and just want to put a stop to them, you can disable Facebook Live video notifications with a few quick taps. In this article I’ll show you how to turn off Facebook Live notifications for both your friends, and also for specific Facebook pages you follow.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Turn Off Facebook Live Notifications in the Facebook Mobile App for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices
- Tap the “Menu” icon on your Facebook home screen. The Menu icon features three horizontal lines. On your Android device, the Menu icon will be in the upper left corner of the screen, and in the Facebook app for iPhone and iPad, it will appear along the bottom of the screen. A menu appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this menu, and then tap “Settings and Privacy.” The Settings and Privacy menu expands.
Tap “Settings” in the expanded menu. The Account Settings screen appears.
- Scroll down to the Notifications section, and then tap “Notification Settings” in this section. The Notifications Settings screen appears.
- Scroll down to “Video,” and then tap “Video” in the list of options. The Video screen appears.
- Tap the toggle to the right of Allow Notifications on Facebook to set it to “Off.” All Facebook Live video notifications will now be turned off. You can always come back to this screen at any time to toggle Facebook Live notifications back on.
Steps to Turn Off Facebook Live Notifications for a Single Page in the Facebook Mobile App for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices
- Navigate to the Facebook page you follow that you want to turn off Facebook live video notifications for.
- Tap the three ellipses that appear beneath the banner for that Facebook page. A menu flys up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Following” in that menu. A Notifications screen for that page appears.
- Tap the toggle to the right of Get Notifications to set it to “Off” to turn off all notifications, which includes live video notifications, for this specific page.