Captions on Instagram videos can be great if you have hearing issues, are having a hard time understanding creators, or if you’re in a loud environment that makes it difficult to hear. Thankfully it’s easy to turn captions on and off in Instagram.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Turn Captions On and Off in Instagram
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Tap your Instagram profile icon at the bottom of this screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon at the top of the screen to open a menu, and then tap “Settings” in that menu.
- Tap “Account” in this menu.
- Tap “Captions” in this menu.
- Tap to toggle off “Captions.” Going forward captions will no longer be displayed on the Instagram videos you watch. You can navigate back to this screen at any time to turn captions back on.