Until recently, if you wanted to take a long or scrolling screenshot on an iPhone, you had to use software that would stitch the photos together. However, with the rollout of iOS 13, Apple is making it possible for users to natively take a long screenshot on iPhone. The only catch is that rather than saving your long screenshot as a PNG file that gets saved to the Photos app, a long screenshot will be saved as a PDF to the Files app. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Take a Long Screenshot on iPhone
- Launch Safari on your iPhone, and then navigate to the website you want to take a long screenshot of to capture everything on the webpage.
- Press the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons on your iPhone at the same time. You’ll see a brief flash, and then a small image representing your screenshot will be displayed in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Tap the image of the screenshot in the lower left corner of your screen. The screenshot editor appears. You’ll see a selector at the top of the editor for Screen and Full Page. Tap to select “Full Page.” The view will change to a display where you can use the scroll bar on the right side of the screen to scroll through the full screen to see what will be included in your long screenshot.
- Tap “Done” in the upper left corner of the screen if you want to move forward with saving this screenshot. A menu appears along the bottom of the screen with options to either save your long screenshot as a PDF to the Files app, or delete the screenshot.
- Tap “Save PDF to Files” to move forward with saving your long iPhone screenshot. Save locations available inside of the Files app will be listed. Tap to select the folder where you want to save your long iPhone screenshot, and then tap “Save” in the upper right corner of the screen. The PDF of the long screenshot will be saved, and you’ll be returned to the website. You can access the PDF of the long screenshot going forward at any time in the folder where you saved it.