TikTok is a great platform for sharing your content, and connecting with people who like your content. However, there are a lot of rules, and it doesn’t take a lot to include something in your video that gets auto-detected as being in violation of TikTok’s community guidelines. It’s important that you review your TikTok community guidelines violation reason, and if you disagree with TikTok’s reason, to be clear why you disagree with TikTok and then submit an appeal. Submitting an appeal for TikTok violations is important because your TikTok account could get banned if you pile up too many violations.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Submit Appeal for TikTok Community Guidelines Violation
- Launch the TikTok app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. As a reminder, you can’t see your TikTok Community Guidelines violation reason on the TikTok website.
- Tap “Profile.”
- Make sure the “Posts” icon is selected, and then scroll down until you find your post that violated TikTok’s community guidelines.
- Tap your post that violated TikTok’s community guidelines. You’ll see a message on this screen telling you the specific reason this TikTok post was removed.
- Tap “See Details” at the bottom of this screen.
You’ll land on a Video Removed screen that will give you more information about why your video was found to violate TikTok’s community guidelines.
- Scroll down to the Feedback section, and then tap “Disagree.” You’ll be prompted to choose why you disagree with TikTok’s decision to remove your video.
- Choose the specific reason you disagree with TikTok for removing your video, and then tap “Submit.” A screen letting you know that your feedback was submitted is shown.
- Tap “Submit Appeal.” You’ll land on a screen where you can request another review.
- Tap “Submit” to request another review of your TikTok video.
The next screen lets you know that your appeal has been received and that you’ll get a notification as soon as there is an update around your content.
Common Reasons You Can Receive a TikTok Community Guidelines Violation
1. Inappropriate or Sexually-explicit Content
TikTok strictly prohibits the sharing of explicit or inappropriate content that is not suitable for a wide audience. This includes sexual acts, nudity, or anything that is considered vulgar or obscene. The platform takes a zero-tolerance approach to this type of content and may ban users who violate these guidelines.
2. Harassment, Bullying, or Hate Speech
TikTok wants to create a positive and inclusive community for all users. That’s why they have strict policies against harassment, bullying, or hate speech. This includes any form of online abuse, name-calling, or discriminatory behavior. The platform will remove content that violates these guidelines and may even ban the offending user.
3. Spam, Misinformation, or Scams
TikTok is vigilant against spam, misinformation, or scams that aim to deceive users or disrupt the platform’s community. This includes fake news, phishing attempts, or posts that spread false or misleading information. The platform will remove content that violates these guidelines and may also ban the offending user.
4. Intellectual Property Infringement
TikTok respects the intellectual property of its users and others. That’s why they have strict guidelines against copyright infringement, trademark violations, or other types of intellectual property theft. The platform will remove content that violates these guidelines and may also ban the offending user.
5. Community Standards for Violence, Gore, or Adult Content
TikTok wants to create a safe environment for its users. That’s why they have strict standards for violence, gore, or other adult content. This includes explicit depictions of violence or gore, as well as any other content that is not suitable for a wide audience. The platform will remove content that violates these guidelines and may also ban the offending user.