Maybe you logged into a friends PS4 or PS5 and you forgot to log out. Maybe you logged into your PSN account on the PlayStation app or a shared computer or mobile device and you want to make sure no one else can get into your account. No matter the reason Sony makes it relatively simple to sign out of your PSN account on all of the devices where you’re signed into it.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Sign Out Of PSN On All Devices
- Open your web browser and navigate to the PlayStation website to arrive at the Sony PlayStation home screen. Sign in to your PlayStation Network account if prompted.
- Click your profile icon at the top of the screen to open a menu, and then click “Account Settings” in that menu. The Account Settings screen is displayed.
- Click “Security” in the menu on the left side of the screen. A message is shown letting you know that you’ll need to go to another page. Click “Continue.” You’ll be routed to the Security page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen, and then click “Sign Out On All Devices.” A message is shown letting you know that you’ll be signed out of all apps and services on all devices that you’ve signed in to with this account.
- Click “OK.” You’ll be routed to the Sony PlayStation login screen on this web browser, and you’ll be signed out of your PSN account on all devices and apps you’re currently signed into it with.
Reasons to Sign Out of PlayStation Network On All Devices
1. Security Concerns
If you suspect your PlayStation account has been hacked, signing out of all devices is a crucial step to secure your account. It helps prevent unauthorized access and protects your personal information and saved games. Stay vigilant and keep your login credentials safe.
2. Sharing the Account
Sharing your PlayStation account with others is a convenient way to enjoy gaming together. However, signing out of all devices when the next user is ready to log in helps ensure everyone has a personalized experience. Let your family and friends enjoy their games without any interruptions.
3. Technical Issues
Technical issues can ruin your PlayStation gaming experience. If you’re facing a problem with the PlayStation Network, signing out and signing back in might resolve the issue. Try doing this before seeking further assistance.
4. Changing Account Information
Updating your account information, such as your password or email address, is a simple process. Signing out of PSN on all devices ensures the changes are properly applied and keeps your account secure. Make these changes now and enjoy a hassle-free gaming experience.
What Kind of Damage Can Someone Do if They Get into Your PlayStation Account?
1. Make Unauthorized Purchases
If someone gains access to your PlayStation account, they could easily make unauthorized purchases. This could lead to significant financial losses for you. The person could buy games, add-ons, or virtual currencies using your payment information. To prevent this from happening, it’s essential to keep your account information secure, use strong and unique passwords, and regularly monitor your account activity for any suspicious purchases.
2. Change Your Account Information
If an unauthorized person gains access to your PlayStation account, they could change your account information, such as your email address, password, and payment details. This could make it difficult for you to regain access to your account. It’s crucial to ensure that your account details are secure and that you use strong and unique passwords to prevent unauthorized access.
3. Play Games or Delete Game Progress
If someone gains access to your PlayStation account, they could potentially access and play games using your account. This could lead to the deletion of your game progress or the loss of saved game data. It’s essential to monitor your account activity regularly and ensure that your account is secure to prevent any unauthorized access to your account.
4. Steal Personal Information
If someone gains unauthorized access to your PlayStation account, they could potentially access your personal information, such as your name, address, and payment details. This could put you at risk of identity theft, and the consequences could be severe. To prevent this from happening, it’s essential to use strong and unique passwords, enable two-factor authentication, and monitor your account activity regularly.
5. Participate in Fraudulent Activities
If someone gains access to your PlayStation account, they could potentially use it for fraudulent activities, such as using your payment information to make unauthorized purchases or scamming other players. This could result in financial losses for you, and your account could also be banned or suspended. It’s crucial to keep your account information secure, monitor your account activity, and report any suspicious activity to PlayStation support immediately.
6. Get You Banned
If someone gains access to your PlayStation account and engages in activities that violate PlayStation’s terms of service, your account could be banned or suspended. This could result in the loss of your account and any purchases associated with it. It’s important to use your account responsibly and ensure that your account information is secure to prevent unauthorized access to your account.