Instagram is a great way for sharing pictures and video, and staying in touch with friends and family. Whether you’re switching devices and no longer want it to be logged in to your Instagram account, or you have an Instagram account you no longer use, you can sign out of your Instagram account. Signing out of your Instagram account only takes a few minutes. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Sign Out of Instagram
- Tap your profile icon in the lower right corner of your Instagram home screen. Your Instagram profile screen appears.
- Tap the “Menu” icon in the upper right corner of the screen. A menu flies in from the right side of the screen.
- Tap “Settings” at the bottom of the menu. The Settings screen opens.
- Tap “Log Out” at the bottom of the Settings menu. If you have multiple Instagram accounts, an Accounts window flies up from the bottom of the screen. Tap to place a check mark to the right of the Instagram account you want to log out of, and then tap “Log Out.” A dialog box appears asking if you want to log out of your Instagram account.
- Tap “Log Out.” Another dialog box appears, this time asking if you want the Instagram app to remember your login information. Tapping “Remember” means the app will remember the login information for this account and you won’t have to re-enter it the next time you access this account. Alternatively, tapping “Not Now” means you’ll have to re-enter your login information the next time you access this account in this app. You’ll be logged out, and you’ll return to the Instagram login screen.