Many newer-model Windows 10 computers come equipped with a built-in fingerprint reader that adds both convenience and security for end users. Setting up the ability to use your fingerprint to sign in to your Windows computer only takes a few minutes, but it does require that you have a PIN code set up. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Setup Windows Hello Fingerprint on Windows 10
- Navigate to your Windows home screen, and then press the “Windows” and “I” buttons at the same time to bring up the “Settings” screen.
- Click “Accounts.” The Accounts screen is shown.
- Click “Sign-in Options” in the menu on the left side of the screen. The Sign-in Options screen is displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Click “Windows Hello Fingerprint” to expand that option, and then click “Set Up.” The Welcome to Windows Hello screen is shown.
- Choose “Get Started.” A verification window pops up where you’ll be prompted to verify your account using either your account password or PIN.
- Enter the verification information. A prompt to touch the fingerprint sensor is displayed.
- Repeatedly place your finger on and remove your finger from the sensor as prompted. Another prompt will appear asking you to try placing your finger on the sensor at different angles.
- Click “Next” and repeatedly place your finger on and remove your finger from the sensor at different angles. An All Set message will appear when you’re finished. You can now log into, and verify your identify on, your Windows 10 computer using your fingerprint.