One of the more useful features on the Fitbit Versa 2 that isn’t associated with tracking your health is the ability to use Fitbit Pay. Fitbit Pay is Fitbit’s contactless payment system that allows you to simply touch your watch against a payment terminal to pay for goods using the default credit card in your Fitbit wallet. I’ll show you how to set up Fitbit Pay on your Fitbit Versa 2 using the Fitbit app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Set Up Fitbit Pay
- Launch the Fitbit app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on the Fitbit Today screen.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen. The Account screen is displayed.
- Tap your Fitbit Versa 2 in the list of connected devices. The information screen for your Fitbit Versa 2 appears.
- Tap “Wallet” in the menu of icons toward the top of the screen. The Fitbit Pay screen appears.
- Swipe from right to left through the following screens to learn more about Fitbit Pay, and then tap “Get Started” on the last screen.
Tap the payment option you want to set up. In this example, I’ll tap “Credit or Debit” under Payment. The Enter Card Info screen appears.
- Enter your credit card number, the card expiration date, and your card’s security code on the top part of the screen. Verify your first, middle and last name on the lower part of the screen are correct, and then tap “Next” in the upper right corner. The Billing Address screen appears.
- Enter your billing address information, and then tap “Next” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Information screens about how to use Fitbit Pay will appear while your Fitbit verifies your card will work on its platform. If your card is supported, a Terms and Conditions screen appears. Tap “Agree” on the Terms and Conditions screen to move forward. A message will eventually appear confirming your card was successfully added to your Fitbit Wallet.
- A Verify screen appears. You’ll need to verify your identity before you can start using Fitbit Pay. Choose one of the presented methods to verify your identity. You can choose to use either email or text message, or you can work with Fitbit customer service. After verifying your identify, you can start using your credit or debit card with Fitbit Pay immediately.
Reasons to Set Up Fitbit Pay on Fitbit Versa 2
1. Convenience Factor of Fitbit Pay
Fitbit Pay epitomizes convenience in the digital era. Imagine being on a run, not having to worry about carrying a wallet or a phone, yet still having the ability to make necessary purchases. Your Fitbit device becomes an all-in-one accessory, a fitness tracker, and a portable wallet. This level of convenience means fewer items to keep track of during workouts and fewer interruptions in your fitness routine. It’s a benefit that greatly enhances the appeal of Fitbit devices.
2. The Speed of Fitbit Pay Transactions
Transaction speed is a significant benefit of Fitbit Pay. It allows for swift, seamless payments, saving you valuable time. You no longer need to rummage through a purse or wallet to find cash or a card. A simple tap of your Fitbit device to the payment terminal completes the transaction. This speed streamlines your shopping experiences, particularly when you’re in a hurry or on the move.
3. Security Measures in Fitbit Pay
Fitbit Pay excels in providing secure transactions. It leverages tokenization technology, which safeguards your card details during transactions. Your actual card information is never directly shared with merchants. Instead, a unique digital token is used. This method reduces the risk of your sensitive information being compromised. It gives peace of mind, knowing you can make purchases without jeopardizing your financial security.
4. Versatility of Fitbit Pay
Fitbit Pay offers impressive versatility. It’s widely accepted at locations that support contactless payments, making it suitable for a range of purchases. Major credit and debit card providers around the world support Fitbit Pay. Whether you’re buying a cup of coffee, shopping for groceries, or purchasing movie tickets, your Fitbit device has you covered. This broad compatibility makes Fitbit Pay a flexible and user-friendly option for contactless payments.
5. Activity Continuity with Fitbit Pay
Fitbit Pay promotes uninterrupted activity. It’s ideal for those who enjoy a continuous workout routine. No need to break your stride for a refreshment or a quick bite post-workout. Your Fitbit device has you sorted. The seamless integration of payment capability into the device supports your active lifestyle. It removes the need to carry extra items and lets you focus on your health and fitness goals.
6. Fitbit Pay for Emergency Situations
Emergencies are unpredictable. Having Fitbit Pay can be a game-changer in these situations. Maybe you’ve forgotten your wallet at home or your phone’s battery dies. With Fitbit Pay, you still have access to funds for emergency purchases. It serves as a safety net, ensuring you aren’t left stranded without access to money. It adds an extra layer of preparedness, giving you one less thing to worry about.
7. Integration of Fitbit Pay
The integration of Fitbit Pay is a prime example of seamless technology. It works flawlessly within the Fitbit ecosystem. If you’re already a Fitbit user, adding Fitbit Pay enhances your overall experience. It provides an added feature without complicating the device’s use. It’s a harmonious integration that aligns with the ease and efficiency of modern technology.
8. Expense Tracking with Fitbit Pay
Fitbit Pay can also aid in expense tracking. Every purchase made using Fitbit Pay can be tracked and categorized. It’s useful for monitoring fitness-related expenses. It can help manage your budget, offering a clear picture of your spending habits. Plus, it consolidates your financial data within a familiar platform, simplifying the process of maintaining your financial health.