The Fitbit Versa 2 is loaded with great features. One of those features is the ability to connect your Fitbit and Amazon Alexa accounts so you can interact with Alexa on your Fitbit smartwatch. After linking Alexa to your Fitbit Versa 2 you’ll have the ability to use Alexa to set a timer, set an alarm, check the weather, and ask a variety of other questions. Connecting your Fitbit Versa 2 to your Alexa account only takes a few minutes. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Set Up Amazon On Your Fitbit Versa 2
- Launch the Fitbit app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on the Fitbit Today screen.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen. The Account screen is displayed.
- Tap your Fitbit Versa 2 in the list of connected devices. The information screen for your Fitbit Versa 2 appears.
- Tap “Amazon Alexa.” The Amazon Alexa screen appears.
- Tap “Login with Amazon” at the bottom of the screen. A dialog box pops up on the screen notifying you that the Fitbit app wants to open Amazon. Tap “Open.” A Welcome to Alexa screen appears. Tap “Get Started” toward the bottom of the screen. An Amazon Consent screen appears.
- Review the Amazon Consent screen, and then tap “Allow” at the bottom of the screen if you want to move forward. The next screen asks if you want to share your current location with Amazon for better responses. Choose either “Use Location” or “Not Now” at the bottom of the screen.
- The Alexa Skill for Fitbit screen appears, asking you to choose what data you want to give Alexa access to. Make your selections, and then tap “Allow.” The Connected screen appears, informing you that you’ve successfully connected your Fitbit Versa 2 to your Amazon Alexa account.
Steps to Change Fitbit Versa 2 Side Button to Access Alexa
- Swipe from right to left across your Fitbit Versa 2 watch face until you see the Settings app, and then tap “Settings.” The Settings menu appears.
- Scroll down the screen until you see Left Button. Tap “Left Button” to change the feature it controls, which is displayed in the lower right corner of that section. Stop when it says “Alexa.” Now, when you hold down the Left Button on your Fitbit Versa 2 for a few seconds, it will summon Alexa on your smartwatch’s home screen for you to engage with.