Knowing how to set your home Xbox is important if you have multiple Xbox consoles in your house and you want to share purchased games, and your Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass memberships between them. Additionally, when you set a home Xbox, anyone who logs into that console can play your games and use your memberships on that device without you having to be signed in. The only caveat is that you can only switch what console is your home Xbox up to five times per year. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Set Your Home Xbox
- Navigate to your Xbox home screen, and then click your profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen. A Home menu is displayed.
- Press “B” to go back to the Profile and System menu. Select “Settings” in this menu. The Settings screen is displayed.
- Choose “General” in the list of options on the left side of the screen, and then choose “Personalization” in the General options that appear on the right side of the screen. The Personalization screen is displayed.
- Choose “My Home Xbox” in this menu. The My Home Xbox screen is shown.
- Click “Make this my home Xbox.” A window is displayed letting you know that when you set this device as your home Xbox other people in your household who log into that Xbox will be able to play your games and use your Xbox Live and Game Pass benefits, even when you’re not signed in. Additionally, you’ll also see a line that lets you know how many more times you can switch your home Xbox in the current year.
- Click “Make This My Home Xbox” to confirm that you want to set this device as your home Xbox. You’ll return to the My Home Xbox screen where you’ll now see a note that says this device is set as your home Xbox. Additionally, you’ll also see an option to remove this device as your home Xbox.