While it’s not possible to see the full sales history of a specific item on eBay, you can look up the sales history of a specific item on the platform for the last 90 days. Knowing this information is important, as it will give you a better idea of what the current fair market value of an item is, and help you define your own maximum that you’d be willing to pay.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to See Sold Items on EBay Using Mobile App
- Launch the eBay app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device, tap “Search” in the menu along the bottom of the screen, and then search for the item you want to see past sales prices for. You’ll see a list of search results for that item.
- Tap “Filter” at the top of the screen. The Filter menu will be displayed.
- Scroll down this menu and then tap “Show More” to see more options in an expanded menu.
- Scroll down the expanded menu and then tap to turn on the toggle next to “Sold Items.” The toggles for both Sold Items and Completed Items will be turned on.
- Tap the “Show Results” button.
You’ll return to the search results screen where the results will now show you past sales of this item on eBay for the last 90 days. You’ll see the date the item sold and the price it sold for. The only exception is for sold items where the seller accepted the best offer, in which case you’ll see a line through the sale price with a note that says Best Offer Accepted.
Steps to See Sold Items on EBay Using EBay Website
- Open a web browser, navigate to www.eBay.com, and then sign in to your account if you’re not signed in already.
- Search for the item you want to see past sales for using the search bar. You’ll see a list of search results for that item.
- Scroll down the menu on the left side of the screen until you get to the Show Only section, and then click to place a check mark next to “Sold Items.” Check marks will appear next to both Sold Items and Completed Items.
- Scroll back up to the top of the search results, which will now show you past sales of this item on eBay for the last 90 days. You’ll see the date the item sold and the price it sold for. The only exception is for sold items where the seller accepted the best offer, in which case you’ll see a line through the sale price with a note that says Best Offer Accepted.
Reasons to See Sold Items on eBay
1. Research Prices of Similar Items
When shopping for items on eBay, researching sold items can give you valuable insights into current market prices. By browsing through recently sold items, you can determine the average price for a product and make a more informed purchasing decision. This can be especially useful for unique or high-value items, where prices can vary widely.
2. Understanding Market Demand
Sold items on eBay can provide a window into the popularity and demand for a particular product. Observing how many items have sold and at what prices can give you an idea of how in-demand a product is and whether it may be worth investing in.
3. Finding Discontinued or Rare Items
Sometimes, the only way to find a rare or discontinued item is through eBay’s sold listings. By browsing these listings, you may discover a hidden gem that you can purchase at a reasonable price. Keep an eye out for items that sold for significantly more than their asking price, as this can indicate high demand.
4. Evaluating Competition and Price Points
Sold items can help you assess the competition and identify profitable price points. By examining what similar items have sold for, you can get a sense of what the market is willing to pay and adjust your prices accordingly. This can also give you ideas for unique selling points or ways to differentiate your product from others.
5. Getting Inspiration for Personal Listings or Sales
If you’re a seller on eBay, browsing sold items can provide inspiration for your own listings. Observing what items sell well and at what prices can help you make more informed decisions when setting your own prices and crafting your product descriptions.
6. Comparing Condition and Description of Similar Items
When researching items on eBay, it’s important to take note of the condition and description of the sold items. By comparing multiple listings, you can get a sense of what buyers are looking for and how you can present your own item to stand out.
7. Gather Information to Negotiate a Better Price
If you’re interested in purchasing an item on eBay, researching sold items can give you leverage in negotiating a better price with the seller. By demonstrating that similar items have sold for less, you can potentially negotiate a lower price for your desired item.