Being able to update Windows on your computer is critical to not just make sure that you have the latest features, but more importantly to make sure you’ve got the latest security patches. If you’re running into issues with the Windows Update tool on your computer, the first thing you should do to try and resolve it is to run the Windows Update troubleshooter. The Windows Update troubleshooter resolves most detected issues immediately, and will make you aware of issues that require your action.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Navigate to your Windows 11 home screen, and then press the “Windows” and “I” keys at the same time. The Windows Settings screen will be displayed.
- Make sure “System” is selected in the menu on the left side of the screen. System options are shown on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down this screen and then click “Troubleshoot.” The Troubleshoot screen is displayed.
- Click “Other Troubleshooters.” The Other Troubleshooters screen is shown.
- Find Windows Update on this screen, and then click “Run” next to Windows Update. The Windows Update window pops up on the screen, and it will immediately start looking for issues with the Windows Update tool. At the end of this process you’ll see a list of any problems detected.
- Click “Close” and try running the Windows Update process again to see if your problem is resolved.
Reasons You May Need to Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter
1. Windows Update is Stuck
If you’ve ever experienced a stalled or frozen Windows update, you know how frustrating it can be. Fortunately, running the Windows Update Troubleshooter can help get things moving again. By identifying and fixing the underlying issue causing the update to stall, the troubleshooter can save you hours of waiting and frustration. It’s a simple and effective solution that can make all the difference when you’re trying to keep your system up-to-date and secure.
2. Windows Update Isn’t Working
Windows update is an essential part of maintaining the security and stability of your system. But what do you do when it’s not working? Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter can help identify and fix any issues that may be preventing the update from downloading or installing. With just a few clicks, you can get your update process back on track and keep your system running smoothly.
3. Windows Update Errors
If you’ve ever encountered an error message during a Windows update, you know how frustrating it can be. But don’t worry – the Windows Update Troubleshooter is here to help. By identifying and fixing the root cause of the error, the troubleshooter can help you get back on track and ensure that your system is up-to-date and secure.
4. Windows Update Taking Too Long
Sometimes, Windows updates can take longer than usual to complete. If you’re running out of patience, running the Windows Update Troubleshooter can help identify any issues that may be slowing down the process. With a few simple clicks, you can get your updates moving again and get back to using your system.
5. Windows Update Repeatedly Failing
If a Windows update is failing repeatedly, it’s time to take action. Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter can help identify and fix any underlying issues that may be causing the updates to fail. With this powerful tool at your disposal, you can ensure that your system is always up-to-date and secure.
6. Instability After Windows Update
Windows updates are designed to improve the security and stability of your system. But in some cases, they can have the opposite effect. If you’re experiencing system instability after a Windows update, running the Windows Update Troubleshooter can help identify and fix any issues related to the update that may be causing the problem. With this tool, you can keep your system running smoothly and enjoy all the benefits of the latest updates.