Sometimes what you order through Amazon either isn’t what you expected, is broken or damaged, or has some other issue. No matter what the reason, most of the items ordered on Amazon can be returned within a specific time frame, which can vary depending on the seller. One important thing to keep in mind is that when returning an item you do need to include all of the original item packaging. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Return an Order on Amazon with Amazon Mobile App
- Launch the Amazon app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Amazon home screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon. Depending on what device you’re using the Menu icon may be at the top or bottom of your screen.
- Tap “Your Orders” in this menu. If you don’t see Your Orders in this menu, you’ll need to tap “Orders” along the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll through this list until you find the item you want to return. If you’re using a tablet you can tap “Return Items.” Alternatively, on a phone you’ll want to scroll down to the Need Help With Your Item section, and then tap “Return or Replace Items.” You’ll land on the Choose Items to Return screen.
- Tap to open the drop-down asking for information why you’re returning this item to Amazon if it isn’t displayed by default, and then choose the reason why in the menu that’s shown. Give more information around why you’re returning this order to Amazon in the Comments section, and then tap “Continue.” The next screen asks how Amazon can make it right.
- Choose whether you want to replace this item with the same item, or whether you want a refund. In this example, I’ll choose to get a refund from the seller to my original payment method. Tap “Continue” after making your selection. The next section asks how you will return the item.
- Choose your return method. You’ll see any associated costs for returning that item next to your chosen return type. You’ll see the date you need to return your order by in this section as well. Tap “Confirm Your Return.” The Your Return Summary screen is shown.
- You’ll see an option to print your Amazon return label and the associated instructions at the top of this screen. In the event you can’t print the return label at this time, you’ll also have options to email a copy of the return label to the email account associated with your Amazon account, or request that a return label be mailed to you. Again, when packaging up your Amazon order to return it, you don’t have to return the item in the same box it was shipped in, but the item should include all of the original packaging or the return may not be accepted.
After packaging your order up to return it to Amazon and applying your return label you can take the package to your return service of choice to be shipped back to the seller.
Seven Reasons You May Want to Return an Order on Amazon
Received Item is Damaged or Defective
If you receive an item that is defective or damaged, it can be frustrating and disappointing. Whether it’s a cracked screen on a new phone or a tear in a piece of clothing, defects can cause inconvenience and hassle. Fortunately, Amazon has a straightforward return policy that allows customers to return defective or damaged items for a full refund or exchange.
Received Item Doesn’t Match Description
It can be disappointing to receive an item that doesn’t match the product description or photos provided on Amazon’s website. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as a misunderstanding between the seller and Amazon or a simple mistake. In these cases, Amazon’s return policy allows customers to return the item for a full refund or exchange.
Received Wrong Item
Receiving the wrong item can be frustrating and inconvenient. Whether it’s the wrong size or color, or an entirely different product altogether, it’s important to know that Amazon’s return policy allows customers to return incorrect items for a full refund or exchange.
Item Purchased by Mistake
Sometimes, we make purchases that we later regret or no longer need. This can happen for a variety of reasons, from changing preferences to budget constraints. In these cases, Amazon’s return policy allows customers to return items for a full refund, as long as the item is returned within the specified time frame and in its original condition.
Item is Wrong Size
It can be frustrating to receive an item that doesn’t fit or is the wrong size. Whether it’s a pair of shoes or a piece of clothing, sizing issues can cause inconvenience and hassle. In these cases, Amazon’s return policy allows customers to return the item for a full refund or exchange for a different size.
Item Arrived Late or Not at All
It can be frustrating when an item doesn’t arrive on time or doesn’t arrive at all. This can happen for a variety of reasons, from shipping delays to lost packages. In these cases, Amazon’s return policy allows customers to request a refund or replacement if the item doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame.
Found a Better Price
Sometimes, buyers find a better price for an item they purchased on Amazon elsewhere. In these cases, Amazon’s return policy allows customers to return the item for a full refund, as long as it’s returned within the specified time frame and in its original condition.