Whether you just decided your Fitbit just wasn’t for you, or you upgraded to a newer Fitbit device, it’s important to remove your Fitbit device from your Fitbit account. This will help ensure that whoever gets your Fitbit device next isn’t able to access the information associated with your Fitbit account.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Remove a Fitbit Device from Your Fitbit Account
- Launch the Fitbit app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on the Fitbit Today screen.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen. The Account screen is displayed.
- Tap the Fitbit device you want to remove from your Fitbit account in the list of connected devices. The information screen for your Fitbit device appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen until you see the Remove This option toward the bottom of the screen. Tap the “Remove This” button. A dialog box appears asking if you’re sure you want to remove this device. Tap “Remove This” again. You’ll be returned to the Today screen.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen. The Account screen is displayed. You’ll no longer see your Fitbit device listed on this screen, confirming your Fitbit device has been removed from your account.