It can be easy to get carried away and choose the wrong reaction on a comment in a Facebook Messenger conversation. Thankfully, Facebook makes it easy to quickly either remove a wrong reaction, or replace it with a different reaction. In this video I’ll show you how to remove a wrong reaction in both the Facebook Messenger app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, and also on the Messenger.com website. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Remove Facebook Messenger Reaction on iPhone, iPad or Android
- Open Facebook Messenger and then navigate to the conversation thread with the reaction you want to remove.
- Hold your finger against the comment where you placed the reaction you want to remove to bring up the reaction menu.
- Tap the same reaction you placed on the comment. Your reaction will be removed and you can now add a different reaction to that comment, or you can leave it blank.
Steps to Remove Facebook Messenger Reaction on Messenger.com Website
- Navigate to Messenger.com, and then open the conversation thread with the comment you want to remove.
- Hold your cursor over the comment with the reaction you want to get rid of to display a menu, and then click the “React” icon, which looks like a smiley face. If you don’t see the React icon, click the ellipses and then click “React.” The Reaction menu is displayed.
- Click the same reaction you placed on the comment. Your reaction will be removed and you can now add a different reaction to that comment, or you can leave it blank.