Waze is an awesome navigation app that leverages crowd sourcing to give you better visibility into traffic conditions, best routes, potholes, stopped cars, and more. While you can get most of the benefits out of Waze without creating an account, a Waze account is required if you want to restore your settings, preferences, favorites and more when you switch to a new device. Thankfully, creating a Waze account only takes a few minutes.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Register Waze Account
- Open the Waze app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device, and then tap “My Waze.” The information screen for your guest Waze account is shown.
- Tap the “Settings” icon at the top of the screen. You’ll see an option at the top of the screen to register your account.
- Tap “Register this account.” The Registration menu will be displayed. Tap “Register this account” again. You’ll be given the option to either continue with your Google account, or to continue with a separate email account.
- In this example I’ll choose “Continue with Google.” If a dialog box pops up asking if Waze can use your Google account to sign in, tap “Continue.” You’ll be shown a list of your Google accounts.
- Either tap the Google account you want to create your new Waze account with, or log in to an existing Google account. You’ll be bounced back to the Waze app on the Account and Login screen, where you’ll see the information associated with your new Waze account.