You can pause your Hulu subscription for up to 12 weeks. This is great if you know you’re not going to be watching the service for a defined period of time, such as if you’re going on vacation. There are some caveats, though. First, the hold on your Hulu account will start on the first day of your next billing cycle and you can’t define when it starts. Additionally, you can only pause your Hulu subscription if you get billed for Hulu through Hulu, Roku or Amazon. For example, if you’re billed through Apple, you won’t be able to pause your Hulu subscription. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Put Your Roku Account on Hold
- Open your web browser, navigate to Hulu.com, and then log in to your Hulu account if prompted. You’ll land on your Hulu home screen.
- Click your Hulu account name in the upper right corner of the screen to open a drop-down menu, and then click “Account” in that menu. The Manage Your Account screen appears.
- Make sure the Overview tab is selected at the top of the Hulu Manage Your Account screen. Then scroll down and click “Pause” to the right of Pause Your Subscription in the Your Subscription section. The Just Hit Pause screen appears, encouraging you to pause your Hulu subscription instead of cancelling it.
- Click the drop-down menu after the message to see options for how long you can pause your Hulu subscription. You can pause your Hulu subscription for up to 12 weeks. Click “Pause Subscription” after making your selection. The Pause Scheduled screen appears, informing you that your Hulu subscription will be paused for your selected period of time starting on your next regular billing date. Additionally, your Hulu subscription will be resumed automatically at the end of the scheduled hold on your Hulu account.
- Click “Go To Account.” You’ll be returned to the Hulu Manage Your Account screen, where you’ll now see a big message at the top of this screen calling out that your Hulu subscription will be paused and the date your Hulu account will be put on hold. You can resume your subscription at any time by navigating back to this screen and clicking “Resume My Subscription.”