The PS4 has an awesome library of great games. Thankfully, Sony’s PS4 Remote Play app makes it possible to access your PS4 and play games remotely through your Windows PC. However, be aware that the quality of the image of your PS4 on your Windows PC will vary depending on the speed of the connection between the two devices. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Play PS4 on PC
- Check your PS4 settings to ensure you’ll be able to remotely access your PS4. You can do this by accessing the Settings app on your PS4 home screen. Choose “Remote Play Connection Settings.” The Remote Play Connection Settings screen appears. Click to place a check mark to the right of “Enable Remote Play” if there isn’t a check mark there already. Next, you’ll need to go back to the Settings screen and then select “Account Management.” The Account Management screen will be displayed. Click “Activate As Your Primary PS4” to make sure this device is set as your primary PS4. You’re now ready to move on to the next steps.
- Open your web browser and navigate to remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay. The PS4 Remote Play site is displayed. Click “Windows PC Users.” A Windows PC Users section will be displayed.
- Click the “Windows PC” download link in the Initial Setup section. Download and run the Remote Play installer, and install the PS4 Remote Play application on your computer.
- Launch the PS4 Remote Play app on your Windows PC after installing it. A screen appears prompting you to connect a DualShock 4 controller to your computer using a micro-USB cable is displayed. Connect your DualShock 4 controller to your computer and then press the “Options” button on the controller. A Searching for PS4 screen appears, along with a window prompting you to log in to your PlayStation account.
- Log into your PlayStation account, and then click “Sign In.” The sign in screen disappears, and a Connecting to PS4 screen appears after your PS4 is discovered on your network. After a few seconds, your PS4 home screen will be displayed in the PS4 Remote Play application window, and you can begin using your connected DualShock 4 controller to navigate your PS4 menu and play games as you normally would.