PlayStation Now is a cloud-based service that gives you access to hundreds of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games at a low cost. One of the best aspects of the PlayStation Now service is that you’re not limited to accessing it through the PS4. You can also access the PlayStation Now service through your PC. Accessing PlayStation Now on your PC just requires installing the PlayStation Now app on your PC and connecting a controller. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Play PlayStation Now on PC
- Open your web browser and navigate to this PlayStation Now website by clicking here. Alternatively, I’ll include this link in the video description. You’ll arrive at the PlayStation Now on PC website.
- Click the “Download the PC App” link, and then download the PlayStation Now installer. Run the installer to install the PlayStation Now app on your computer.
- Launch the PlayStation Now app on your PC. If you don’t have a PlayStation account, you’ll need to create one. If you already have an account click “Already Have a Sony Account? Sign In Now.” In this example, I already have an account, so I’ll click that option. A PlayStation account sign-in screen appears.
- Enter your PlayStation account username and password, and then click “Sign In.” The PlayStation Now home screen is displayed.
- Connect your PS4 to your PC using a micro-USB cable, and then click the “Use Controller” icon at the top of the screen. The Use Controller icon features an image of a TV with a controller on it. A message appears at the top of the screen notifying you that you’re now in Controller Mode. Close that message. You can now navigate the PlayStation Now interface on your PC with your PS4 controller.
- Navigate to the game you want to play, and then press “X.” The information screen for that game appears. Choose “Start” on the information screen to launch that particular game.