Maybe you’ve got people over and there’s a lot of ambient noise. Maybe you’re kids are playing and you can’t hear anything. In these scenarios your Amazon Alexa device’s normal audio level may make it difficult to hear or interact with. Thankfully, Amazon makes it possible to turn on an adaptive volume setting where your Alexa devices will automatically speak louder in noisy settings.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Make Alexa Automatically Speak Louder in Loud Settings
- Launch the Alexa app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Amazon Alexa home screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon at the bottom of the screen. The Menu icon features three horizontal lines. The Menu screen is displayed.
- Tap “Settings” in this menu. The Settings screen is shown.
- Scroll down to the Alexa Preferences section, and then tap “Voice Responses” in this section.
- Tap to toggle on “Adaptive Volume.” Going forward, your Alexa devices will automatically increase their speaking volume in loud rooms.