Creating Netflix profiles is a great way to give everyone using your Netflix account their own space. However, you may not want other people with access to your Netflix account snooping through your profile. In early 2020, Netflix fixed this problem by giving account owners the ability to put a 4-digit PIN code on Netflix profiles. If you apply a PIN code to a Netflix profile, anyone trying to access that profile will be required to enter that PIN code. One caveat is that you can only lock a Netflix profile from the Netflix website. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Lock Netflix Profile
- Open a web browser and navigate to Netflix.com. You’ll land on your Netflix home screen.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your profile icon at the top of the screen to open a menu, and then click “Account” in the menu. The Account screen is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Profile and Parental Controls section, and then click the drop-down arrow next to the Netflix profile you want to put a passcode on. A menu is displayed.
- Click “Change” next to Profile Lock. The Profile Lock screen is displayed.
- Enter the password associated with your Netflix account, and then click “Continue.” The next screen will ask if you want to lock this Netflix profile by creating a four-digit pin.
- Click to place a check mark next to “Require a PIN to access.” Four empty boxes will be displayed. Enter the four digits your want to use as the passcode to protect your Netflix profile, and then click “Save.” This PIN code will now be required before anyone can access that Netflix profile. You can remove the PIN code at any time by navigating back to the Profile Lock screen, removing the check mark next to “Require a PIN to access,” and then clicking “Save.” A PIN code will no longer be required to access that Netflix profile.