Facebook Groups make it easy to find other people on Facebook who have similar interests. If, over time, the group either becomes no longer active or you just no longer want to participate in it, you can leave a Facebook group. In this article I’ll show you how to leave a Facebook group on both the Facebook mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, and also the Facebook.com website. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Leave a Facebook Group on iPhone, iPad or Android
- Launch the Facebook app, and then tap the “Menu” icon on the home screen. You’ll land on the Menu screen.
- Tap “Groups” to open the Groups screen, and then tap “Your Groups” at the top of the screen. The Your Groups screen is shown, showing a list of all of the Facebook groups you’re currently in.
- Tap the Facebook group you want to leave. The page for that group is shown.
- Tap the ellipses at the top to open a menu, and then tap “Leave Group” in the menu. A Leave This Group dialog box is displayed, asking if you’re sure you want to leave this group. Tap “Leave Group.” You’ll automatically be removed from that particular group.
Steps to Leave a Facebook Group on Facebook.com
- Navigate to Facebook.com in a web browser, and then click “Groups” in the menu on the left side of the screen. The Groups screen is displayed.
- Scroll down to Your Groups on the left side of the screen, and then click the name of the group you want to leave.
- Click the ellipses to open a menu, and then click “Leave Group” in the menu. A message appears asking if you’re sure you want to leave this group. Click “Leave Group.” You’ll automatically be removed from that particular Facebook group.