The constant flood of email messages coming in makes it easy to lose sight of important messages. Thankfully, Apple makes it possible to set and get email reminders on your iPhone or iPad in the Mail app. Doing this raises emails to the top of your email inbox at the specific date and time you specify. To use this feature you must be using either iOS 16 for iPhone or iPadOS 16 for iPad.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Get Email Reminder in Mail App on iPhone or iPad
- Open the “Mail” app on your iPhone or iPad, and then navigate to the email message you want to be reminded about.
- Swipe slowly from left to right across this message until you see menu options displayed.
- Tap “Remind Me.” A Remind Me menu pops up with options for when you want to be reminded about this message.
- You can choose either the static options to be reminded in one hour, tonight or tomorrow, or you can choose to be reminded later. Choosing to be reminded later takes you to a calendar where you can choose a specific reminder date and time. Tap “Done” after making your custom reminder selections. You’ll be routed back to your Mail app inbox, where you’ll now see a Remind Me icon, and the date and time you’ll receive a reminder. The message will be elevated to the top of your Mail app email inbox when the time comes for the reminder to take effect.
Reasons to Get Email Reminders in the Mail App on iPhone or iPad
There are a few good reasons you should consider getting email reminders in the Mail app on your Apple iPhone or iPad:
1. Improving Productivity
Email reminders on your iPhone or iPad can significantly improve your productivity by providing timely notifications for important emails and tasks. With these reminders, you will never miss a deadline or overlook a critical message again. Instead, you can stay on top of your inbox and ensure that you always have the information you need to complete tasks efficiently.
2. Avoiding Missed Deadlines
Deadlines are a critical aspect of both personal and professional life, and missing them can have serious consequences. Email reminders can help you avoid missed deadlines by providing notifications for important emails and ensuring that you follow through on commitments. With reminders, you can prioritize your tasks and stay on track, even on your busiest days.
3. Staying on Top of Important Conversations
With the fast-paced nature of email, it’s easy to overlook important messages. Email reminders can help you stay on top of critical conversations by notifying you of new messages and ensuring that you follow up in a timely manner. Whether you’re communicating with colleagues, clients, or partners, email reminders can help you build stronger relationships and maintain effective communication.