If you’ve got general Facebook notifications enabled, that typically means that you’ll get alerts for birthdays, popular posts and replies to your comments. If there’s a specific Facebook friend you want to make sure you don’t miss a post for on the platform, you have to set that up separately to receive notifications for their posts. From there you can choose to receive alerts for Facebook posts from that person via a push to your devices, or an email alert or SMS text message, to ensure that you don’t miss anything.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Get an Alert When Someone Posts on Facebook
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device, and then navigate to the information screen for the Facebook friend you want to get an alert for whenever they post.
- Tap “Friends,” to open a menu, and then tap “Edit Close Friends” in this menu. The Edit Friends Lists screen is shown.
- Tap “Close Friends” to place a check mark next to it.
- Navigate back to the Facebook home screen, and then click “Menu.” You’ll land on the Menu screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen, and then click “Settings and Privacy” to expand that menu.
- Click “Settings” in the expanded menu. The Settings and Privacy screen is displayed.
- Navigate down to the Preferences section, and then click “Notifications.” The Notifications Settings screen is shown.
- Navigate to the What Notifications You Received section, and then click “Updates from Friends.” The Updates from Friends screen is displayed.
- Make sure “Allow Notifications on Facebook” is toggled on, and then move down to the Where You Receive These Notifications section. Toggle on the specific types of notifications you want to receive whenever this user posts. You can choose to have notifications pushed to your devices, or you can choose to receive an email alert or SMS text message. Your changes will be effective immediately.
Benefits of Getting Alerts When Someone Posts on Facebook
1. Personal Connection
Staying connected with close friends and family members is crucial. Setting up alerts for their Facebook posts ensures that you never miss an update from them. Whether they post about a new job, a new baby, or just a funny joke, you’ll be the first to know. And it’s a great way to stay in touch and show them you care.
2. Professional Connection
If you work with someone on Facebook, you can set an alert for their posts to keep up with their latest updates and developments. This way, you can stay informed about new projects, meet deadlines, and network professionally. It’s an easy way to stay productive and grow your career.
Whether you’re a fan of a celebrity or a passionate follower of a particular topic, setting alerts for posts from influencers, public figures or organizations ensures that you never miss a post. Keep up with the latest news, trends, and discussions in your field and stay ahead of the curve.
If you have old friends on Facebook, setting alerts for their posts can bring back great memories and help you reminisce. You can see what they’re up to, what they’re posting, and stay connected. Whether it’s catching up on old times or making new memories, it’s a great way to stay in touch.
If you’re part of a Facebook group, setting alerts for posts by group members is an easy way to stay informed about group activities and discussions. Whether it’s a local community group or a group focused on a particular topic, stay engaged and connected with your group members.
6. News and Events
If you follow a news organization or journalist, setting alerts for their Facebook posts ensures that you never miss a breaking story. Stay informed about current events, news, and politics with just a few clicks. Keep up with the latest developments and stay informed.