Facebook two factor authentication is a great option for adding an extra layer of security to your account. However, if you find yourself without access to your second authentication method to access your account, the only way you can get back into your account is by using a backup code. To avoid a situation where you find yourself locked out of your Facebook account, you’ll want to make sure you go get your Facebook two factor authentication recovery codes and store them in a safe place you can easily access in case you ever need them.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Find Facebook Two Factor Authentication Backup Codes
- Open a web browser, navigate to www.Facebook.com, and then login to your Facebook account if prompted. You’ll land on your Facebook home screen.
- Click the drop-down arrow at the top right corner of the screen to open a drop-down menu.
- Click “Settings and Privacy” to open the Settings and Privacy menu, and then click “Settings” on the next menu. The Settings screen is displayed.
- Click “Security and Login” in the menu on the left side of the screen. Security and Login options appear on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down the Security and Login screen until you get to the Two Factor Authentication section, and then click “Edit” next to Use Two Factor Authentication. If a prompt for your Facebook password is displayed, enter your password and then click “Continue.” The Facebook Two Factor Authentication screen is shown.
- Scroll down this screen until you land on the Your Security Method section, and then click “Show Codes” next to Recovery Codes. A window is displayed where you can see the two factor authentication recovery codes associated with your Facebook account. Additionally on this screen you’ll have the option to click “Get New Codes,” which will create new recovery codes, or you can download the existing recovery codes to a text.
Reasons You Would Want to Find Facebook Two Factor Authentication Backup Codes
1. Lost or Broken Phone
Losing or breaking your phone can be a frustrating experience, especially when it comes to accessing your Facebook account. With two-factor authentication enabled, you need to receive a code via text or an app. But, if your phone is lost or broken, your Facebook account becomes inaccessible. This is where your Facebook two-factor authentication backup codes come in handy. These codes allow you to log into your account, even if you can’t receive two-factor authentication codes.
2. No Access to Internet or Cell Service
When you’re out of reach from the internet or cell service, accessing your Facebook account becomes challenging. But, having your Facebook two-factor authentication backup codes solves this problem. You can use these codes to log into your account, without having to worry about internet or cell service.
3. Technical Issues with Authentication App
Technical issues with your two-factor authentication app can be a roadblock to accessing your Facebook account. When the app doesn’t generate codes, your Facebook account becomes inaccessible. However, having backup codes eliminates this problem. Use these codes to log into your account, even if the app isn’t working.
When traveling, limited internet or cell service can become a hindrance to accessing your Facebook account. But, having backup codes provides a solution. Use these codes to log into your account, regardless of the internet or cell service availability.
5. Account Recovery
Losing access to the phone number or email associated with your Facebook account can be a stressful situation. But, your backup codes can help you recover your account. Provide these codes to Facebook during the account recovery process to verify your identity and regain access to your account.