The lineup of JBL Live wireless headphones give you great sound, and great functionality. All JBL Live wireless headphones offer long battery life, Alexa and Google Assistant integration, and technology that lets you amplify the sound from your surrounding environment while you’re listening to audio on your wireless headphones. If you run into issues with your JBL wireless headphones, your first troubleshooting step should be to restore your JBL Live wireless headphones to the default factory settings to see if that resolves your issue.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Factory Reset JBL Live Wireless Headphones
- Push up on the “Power” button located on the right ear cup of your JBL Live wireless headphones. The Bluetooth headphones will make the following sound when they are powered on.
- Locate the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons located beneath the Power button on the right ear cup. Hold down the the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons at the same time for roughly five seconds until you hear the device make the following sound, indicating it is powering down.
- Release the volume buttons. The device makes the following powering on sound again which is followed by a pinging sound. The pinging sound indicates your JBL Live wireless Bluetooth headphones have successfully been restored to the default factory settings and are now in pairing mode.
Reasons to Factory Reset Your JBL Live Wireless Headphones
1. Resolving Connectivity Issues
Struggling to connect your JBL Live headphones to your device can be frustrating. By resetting your headphones, you can often resolve this problem. Clearing stored pairing information and restoring the headphones to their default settings can get you back to streaming your favorite music in no time.
2. Improving Sound Quality
If you’re experiencing low volume or distortion with your JBL Live headphones, a reset can help. Troubleshoot these issues by resetting the headphones and restoring their default settings. Your music listening experience can greatly improve.
3. Resetting to Default Settings
Customizing your JBL Live headphones to your preferences is great. However, if the custom settings cause problems, a reset can be a quick fix. By resetting the headphones, you can restore them to their original settings and start fresh.
4. Clearing Pairing Information
If your JBL Live headphones have trouble connecting to a specific device, clearing stored pairing information can help. A reset will erase the pairing information, allowing you to pair the headphones to a different device or the same device again.
5. Restoring Unresponsive Headphones
Frozen or unresponsive headphones can be frustrating. A reset can restore your JBL Live headphones to a working state. It’s a quick and simple solution to get back to enjoying your music.
6. Updating Firmware
Updating the firmware on your JBL Live headphones can improve performance and add new features. A reset is often necessary to complete a firmware update. Keep your headphones up-to-date for an enhanced listening experience.