If someone else gets their hands on your Fitbit Versa 2, they can access a lot of your personal information very quickly. As a result, if you want to lock your device down so that only you can access the content on it, you can turn on the Device Lock feature to require a four-digit PIN code be entered to access it. However, it’s important to note that you can’t fully disable Device Lock after you activate it on your Fitbit Versa 2, and your only options will be to require the PIN code whenever the device is brought out of sleep mode, or to require the PIN code whenever someone tries to use Fitbit Pay. If you want to fully disable the PIN code after turning it on, your only option will be to factory reset the device.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Device Lock Fitbit Versa 2
- Launch the Fitbit app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on the Fitbit Today screen.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen. The Account screen is displayed.
- Tap your Fitbit Versa 2 in the list of connected devices. The information screen for your Fitbit Versa 2 appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Fitbit Versa 2 information screen, and then tap “Device Lock.” The Device Lock screen appears. As a reminder, if you move forward at this point with setting a PIN code on your Fitbit Versa 2, you won’t be able to fully disable and remove the device lock without performing a factory reset on your device. You’ll only be able to toggle between requiring that the PIN code be entered every time the Fitbit Versa 2 is brought out of sleep mode, or requiring that the PIN code is entered before using Fitbit Pay. Tap “Set PIN Code” if you still want to move forward with using device lock on your Fitbit Versa 2. A screen appears prompting you to enter a four-digit PIN code.
- Enter your four-digit PIN code, and then re-enter your four-digit PIN code on the next screen.
- A Setting Up PIN Code screen appears briefly, before you’re returned to the Device Lock screen, where you’ll now see a check mark next to Enabled (Recommended). This means you’ll be required to enter your PIN code whenever your Fitbit Versa 2 is brought out of sleep mode. Alternatively, you can set the PIN code to be enabled for Fitbit Pay only if you only want to be prompted for the PIN code prior to using Fitbit Pay. You’ll now see this device unlock screen on your Fitbit Versa 2 going forward when your PIN code is required. As a reminder, these are your only options going forward, and you can’t disable the PIN code on your Fitbit Versa 2 without performing a factory reset on the device. If you want to factory reset your device, I’ll include my video about how to do that in the description.