Facebook avatars are a creative way to interact and express yourself with friends and family. However, the bitmoji-like caricatures aren’t for everyone, and if you tried using a Facebook avatar and really didn’t like the experience, you can always delete it. The process to delete your Facebook avatar can be done with a few quick taps, and is virtually the same in both the Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps. It should be noted that, at the time of this video’s creation, it wasn’t possible to delete a Facebook avatar on either the Facebook or Messenger websites.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Delete Facebook Avatar
- Launch the Facebook or Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Tap to open a conversation or post like you’re going to add a comment, and then tap the smiley face icon on the comment line. The Stickers menu is displayed.
- Tap the “Avatar” icon in the Stickers menu. Your Facebook avatar stickers are displayed.
- Tap “Edit Avatar” in this window. Your Facebook avatar menu is shown.
- Tap the “Edit” icon. Your Facebook avatar editor is displayed.
- Tap the “Trash Can” icon at the top of the screen. A message window appears warning you that your Facebook avatar will be permanently deleted.
- Tap “Delete.” Now, whenever you navigate to where your Facebook avatar stickers used to be located, you’ll see the prompt to create your own Facebook avatar. You can create a new Facebook avatar again at any time.