Whether you bought a domain you need to unload quickly because it potentially infringes on a company’s trademark, or you need to offload a domain for some other quick reason, GoDaddy makes it relatively easy to delete a domain quickly. You will be out whatever you paid for the domain, but you’ll no longer be associated with it. Alternatively, if you’d prefer to just cancel the payment auto-renewal and let your domain ownership expire, I’ll link to my video in the description that will show you how to do that. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Delete a GoDaddy Domain
- Open a web browser and navigate to Account.GoDaddy.com/Products. You’ll land on your GoDaddy My Account home screen displaying the GoDaddy products you currently pay for.
- Scroll down this screen to get to the Domains section, and then click to expand “Domains.”
- Click “Manage” next to the GoDaddy domain you want to cancel. The Domain Settings screen for that specific domain is shown.
- Scroll down this screen to get to the Additional Settings section, and then click “Delete Domain” in the list next to that section. A Delete Domains window pops up, letting you know that deleting this domain removes the selected domains from your account, and breaks any products or services that are attached to them.
- Click to place a check mark in the box asking you to acknowledge that you want to delete the selected domain, and then click “Continue.” You may continue to see the domain in your domain list for up to a half hour, and you’ll receive a message when the domain has been successfully deleted from your account.