If you’ve been lugging around the same contact list for a long time, it’s probably loaded with ex boyfriends or girlfriends, former friends you’ll likely never talk with again, old coworkers, and people you don’t even know. And while a big contact list doesn’t take up any meaningful space on your iPhone or iPad, it can make it unwieldy or even lead to the awkward scenario of you calling one of these people on accident. You can keep things manageable, and avoid those awkward conversations, by regularly reviewing and deleting contacts you no longer need. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Delete a Contact on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Contacts app on your Apple iPhone or iPad. You’ll land on the Contacts screen.
- Scroll through this list and then tap the contact you want to delete. An information screen for that contact is displayed.
- Tap “Edit.” The information on the screen will switch to become editable.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen and then tap “Delete Contact.” A menu will pop up.
- Tap “Delete Contact” again in this menu. The contact will be deleted and you’ll be returned to the Contacts menu.