YouTube TV gives you a very clean and easy-to-navigate guide for looking through what’s on that you may want to watch. However, the default order of the YouTube TV guide isn’t for everyone. Thankfully, YouTube TV lets you remove any channels you don’t want to see in the live guide, and also reorder how the channels are presented. I’ll walk you through how to customize your YouTube TV live guide on both the desktop version of the YouTube TV website, and on the YouTube TV iOS and Android mobile apps.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Customize YouTube TV Live Guide
- Open your web browser and navigate to tv.youtube.com, and then log in to your YouTube TV account when prompted. You’ll arrive at your YouTube TV home screen. Alternatively, you can launch the YouTube TV app for iOS and Android. Going forward, the instructions provided will work on both the YouTube TV desktop website, and the YouTube TV iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Click or tap your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen. A menu appears. Click “Settings” in the menu. The Settings screen appears.
- Click “Live Guide” in the list of options along the left side of the screen. The Live Guide options appear on the right side of the screen.
- Click to remove the check marks from inside of the circles that appear to the left of any channels you don’t want to see in the live guide. In this example I’ll remove Fox. After you click to remove a channel from your live guide, you’ll see a note along the bottom of the screen stating that channel will be removed from your custom view.
- Click the hamburger icon to the right of any channels you want to move, and then hold your cursor down to drag those channels up or down in the list. In this example, I’ll move ESPN up above KMOV.
- Close the Settings menu to return to your home screen.
- Click “Live” in the menu along the top, center part of the screen.
The YouTube TV live guide will be displayed. You’ll notice that any channels you chose to remove from your guide are no longer displayed, and also that the channels are ordered in accordance with how you reordered them.