While you can play Epic Games such as Fortnite and Rocket League on an individual system without having to create an Epic Games account, you will need an Epic Games account if you want to access and play with a single account across multiple platforms. This will enable you to access your purchases on those other gaming platforms. Setting up an Epic Games account only takes a few minutes. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Create Epic Games Account
- Open a web browser and navigate to www.epicgames.com. You’ll land on the Epic Games home screen. Click “Sign In.” The Epic Games sign in screen is displayed.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen, and then click “Sign Up.” A screen asking how you’d like to sign up for your Epic Games account is shown.
- In this example, I’ll choose to sign up using an email account. The next screen prompts you to enter your date of birth. Enter that information, and then click “Continue.” The Sign Up screen is shown.
- Enter your first and last name, email address, and the password you want to be associated with your new Epic Games account. Check to accept the Epic Games terms of service, and then click “Continue.” Complete the CAPTCHA challenge if you’re presented with one. You’ll eventually land on a screen asking you to verify your email.
- Access your email account, open the email verification message from Epic Games, and locate the verification code. Navigate back to the Epic Games website and enter that code to verify your email address. You’ll be routed back to the Epic Games home screen, where you’ll now see your Epic Games account name displayed along the top of the screen, indicating that your Epic Games account has been successfully created.