The JBL Charge 5 offers a strong power output, deep and rich bass, and clear tones in a reasonably-sized speaker. As a result, the Charge 5 is a great candidate to connect to your Windows laptop or desktop computer if you want to level up your computer’s audio. The only caveat is that the JBL Charge 5 doesn’t have a 3.5-millimeter audio input like the JBL Charge 4 does, so your only option is to connect the Charge 5 to your Windows computer using Bluetooth, which can be done easily.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Connect JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth Speaker to Windows Laptop or Desktop Computer
- Click the “Start” icon in the taskbar on your Windows home screen, and then click “Settings” in the Start menu. The Windows Settings screen is displayed.
- Click “Devices.” The Bluetooth and Other Devices screen is shown. Turn on Bluetooth if it isn’t already enabled.
- Click “Add Bluetooth or Other Device” at the top of the screen. The Add a Device screen is displayed.
- Press the “Bluetooth” button located in the button row along the top of your JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker until it makes the following sound and the Bluetooth button backlight starts blinking. The Charge 5 is now in Discovery mode.
- Click “Bluetooth” on the Add a Device screen after your device is in Discovery mode. A list of discoverable Bluetooth devices appears. You should see JBL Charge 5 in this list. If you don’t see your device, restart your speaker and put it in Discovery mode again, as Windows may just have issues recognizing your device.
- Click “JBL Charge 5” in the list of available Bluetooth devices. The Bluetooth light stops blinking on your JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker and it makes a sound. This sound indicates your JBL Bluetooth speaker is now paired with your Windows laptop or desktop computer. Additionally, on the Add a Device screen on your Windows computer, a message appears at the top of the screen saying that your device is ready to go and your JBL Charge 5 should now show as connected.
- Click “Done” to close the Add a Device screen and return to the Bluetooth and Other Devices screen. You’ll now see your JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker shown as connected for music in the Audio section. As long as your JBL Charge 5 shows as connected, audio played on your computer will be played through your JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker.