Everyone, at some point, has entered something into the Facebook search bar they’d likely prefer no one else found out about. Whether it’s an ex you’re curious about, someone you’ve got a crush on, or you’re just being nosy. If you want to make sure no one else can gets their hands on your past searches, you can clear your Facebook search history in a few minutes. In this video I’ll show you how to delete your Facebook search history in the Facebook mobile app, and on the Facebook.com website.
Steps to Clear Facebook Search History in Facebook Mobile App
- Launch the Facebook mobile app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Facebook home screen.
- Tap the “Search” icon in the upper right corner of the screen. The Recent Searches screen appears.
- Tap “Edit” in the upper right corner of this screen. The Activity Log screen appears, displaying all of your searches by date.
- Tap “Clear Searches” at the top of this screen. All of your existing Facebook searches will be cleared, and a Nothing to Show message will be displayed.
Steps to Clear Facebook Search History on Facebook.com
- Open a web browser and navigate to Facebook.com. You’ll land on your Facebook home screen.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of the screen. The drop-down menu appears.
- Click “Activity Log” in the drop-down menu. The Activity Log screen appears.
- Click “More” beneath Comments in the menu on the left side of the screen. Search History will appear as an option in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click “Search History” in the menu on the left side of the screen. The Search History screen appears.
- Click “Clear Searches” in the upper right corner of the Search History screen. A dialog box appears asking if you’re sure you want to clear your search history. Click “Clear Searches.” Your Facebook search history will be cleared.