Having the Windows Hello PIN set up on your Windows 10 computer enables the ability to use secure biometric sign-in options on your computer, such as the Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello Fingerprint. And whether you use the Windows Hello PIN to sign in or not, it’s still important to change it occasionally, especially if you think someone you don’t trust knows it. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Change a Windows Hello PIN
- Navigate to your Windows home screen, and then press the “Windows” and “I” buttons at the same time to bring up the “Settings” screen.
- Click “Accounts.” The Accounts screen is shown.
- Click “Sign-in Options” in the menu on the left side of the screen. The Sign-in Options screen is displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Click “Windows Hello PIN” to expand that option into a menu.
- Click “Change” in this menu. The Change Your PIN screen is displayed.
- Enter your existing Windows Hello PIN in the first field, and then enter what you want to be your new Windows Hello PIN in the next two fields. Click “OK” when you’re finished. You’ll return to the Sign-in Options screen. You won’t see any confirmation, but your Windows Hello PIN was successfully changed, and the next time you log into your computer you’ll need to use your new PIN number.