Having an active email account associated with your Twitch account is important to ensure you get updates on Twitch changes, such as rules and regulations, but also in case you get locked out of your Twitch account and need to reset it. Thankfully, Twitch makes it possible to update the email address associated with your Twitch account with a few quick clicks.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Change Twitch Email
- Open a web browser, navigate to www.Twitch.tv, and then log into your Twitch account if prompted. You’ll land on your Twitch home screen.
- Click your Twitch profile icon at the top of the screen to open a drop-down menu, and then click “Settings” in that menu.
- Click “Security and Privacy” in the menu along the top of this screen. Security and Privacy options will be displayed on the lower part of this screen.
- Navigate down to the Email section, and then click the “Edit” icon on the right side of this section. The Edit icon looks like a pencil. You’ll see two fields where you’ll be prompted to enter what you want to be the new email address that’s associated with your Twitch account.
- Enter what you want to be the new email address associated with your Twitch account, and then click “Save.” A window asking you to confirm your Twitch password is displayed.
- Enter your Twitch password, and then click “Verify.” The next window asks you to verify your new email address.
- Check the new email account you associated with your Twitch account for an email from Twitch that says “Your Verification Code” in the subject line. Inside of this email you’ll see a 6-digit code.
- Enter that 6-digit code in the verification window, and then click “Submit.” A message is shown thanking you for verifying your new Twitch email address. Additionally, you’ll also see a note that your email was updated successfully in the Email field when you return to the Settings screen.
Reasons to Consider Changing Your Twitch Email Address
1. Security Concerns
Protect your Twitch account by changing your email address. The rise in cybercrime makes it essential to ensure your email address is secure. Consider switching to an email service with advanced security features to keep your Twitch account safe.
2. Spam/Junk Mail
Get rid of unwanted emails by changing your Twitch email. If your inbox is cluttered with spam and junk mail, switch to a new email address that has strong spam filters. Enjoy a cleaner inbox and improved email experience.
3. Better Organization
Stay organized with a new Twitch email. If managing multiple email addresses becomes overwhelming, switch to a new email service that offers better organization tools. Easily manage your emails and enjoy a more streamlined email experience.
4. New Email Service
Stay up-to-date with a new Twitch email. If you’ve switched to a new email service provider, update your Twitch account to reflect the change. Enjoy the latest features and improved functionality of your new email service.