While Snapchat does it’s part in enabling you to send self-destructing messages, videos and images, you still have to do your part to keep your account safe and keep people out of your account. The easiest thing you can do to keep your Snapchat account secure is to change your password on a regular basis. While changing your Snapchat password is relatively easy, you’ll want to keep in mind the Snapchat password requirements, which are that your Snapchat password must be eight characters in length, and include at least one capital letter and number. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Change Snapchat Account Password
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Snapchat home screen.
- Tap your Snapchat profile icon at the top of the screen. Your Snapchat profile screen is displayed.
- Tap the “Settings” icon. Your Snapchat settings screen is shown.
- Tap “Password.” The Password screen is displayed.
- Enter your existing Snapchat password, and then tap “Continue.” The New Password screen is displayed.
- Enter what you want to be your new Snapchat password in both the New Password and Confirm Password fields, and then tap “Save.” A message is shown on the screen letting you know that your Snapchat password has been successfully changed. You’ll need to use your new Snapchat password going forward.